Due to COVID – 19 and the uncertainty of when we will be able to meet again, Young Women of Power has decided that we will not have an in person gathering in Calgary at FFCA High School. INSTEAD we are HOSTING THIS YEAR’S CONFERENCE ONLINE! That’s right it will be a live stream through Zoom. We believe in the importance of social connection which is needed now more than ever. That is why we are working hard to keep this incredible event available for girls despite this virus. So start spreading this good news (instead of the virus) and register today. YWOP is keeping their online doors open! The conference will be one day only Saturday, May 2, 2020.
The Annual Young Women of Power Conference is taking place all day Saturday, May 2, 2020 for the first time ONLINE. Girls will be able to watch and participate from home on a computer, tablet or smart phone. This conference is ideal for girls ages 12 to 18ish designed to increase their confidence through active group sessions on personal safety, inner beauty, and celebrating female diversity and greatness. Girls will learn that they are more than enough and be inspired to transform girl culture.
Female caregivers, educators and mentors are welcome to join in online.
The speakers know how to speak to youth. They are informative, yet entertaining, teaching girls how to live smart, sharing tools that will help them to be more confident in their own skin. The workshops are interactive and designed to reveal each girl’s unique beauty, helping them celebrate who they are and empower them with practical wisdom to be safe.
The conference consists of Keynote speakers, workshop presenter’s, and live performances by Canadian artists. The conference surrounds girls with positive role models in an atmosphere that inspires female pride.
- Main Objective – to transform female culture by instilling female pride and celebrating female greatness.
- Girls will learn to see and embrace their unique beauty.
- Learn how to protect themselves against harmful situations.
- Exposure to great Canadian women.
- Hearing top speakers and presenters address the four values of YWOP – Beauty: Inner and Outer Beauty Redefined – Wisdom: Street Smarts how to protect themselves from harmful situations – Power: They can make a difference globally & locally – Principle: Holding on to their values.
- Opportunities to meet and interact with girls across Canada in our online breakout groups. Facilitated by our YWOP volunteers, girls will discuss and reflect on presenters talks.
- Recognition of the value of female friendships.
- All volunteers interacting with the girls undergo a thorough process of training through Plan to Protect and have completed a police check and vulnerable sector check to ensure the safety of all participants.
- Volunteers will be available to assist you with technical support the day of the conference along with emotional support that we call ‘Conference Care’ available on the phone or online, if a girl needs to talk.
- No profanity being used by the presenters.
- No male bashing.
PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL: Available for Download