CELEBRATING 6 YEARS: YWOP CONFERENCE
Friday April 17th & Saturday April 18th, 2015
The Event: A conference for girls ages 12 to 18ish consisting of active group sessions on personal safety, mental toughness, inner beauty, and celebrating female diversity. There will be performances by some of Alberta’s inspiring musicians, dance groups, and keynote speakers.
What to Expect!
Our Theme this Year is…
Together we will…
- Fashion Workshop – that teaches young women how to dress for the body type and celebrate it!
- Inner Beauty Workshop
- Make Up & Skin Care
- Hair Care
- Girls will be equipped to teach others how to treat them, making their schools and community a safe place from sexual harassment. Making Females your ally instead of your enemy.
Inspire Powerful Change
- #IveGotHerBack Campaign is all about transforming girl culture. Instead of wishing harm on others or ignoring it, YWOP girls look out for other females to ensure one’s safety.
- Famous 5 Leadership Track hosted by the Famous 5 Foundation. Women are able to sit on the Senate today because of 5 women who worked together to change the laws in Canada. That is Canadian history, this leadership track will be about making history as its time to raise up the Future Famous 5.
Be Women of Principle: ENCOURAGE & INSPIRE
- We will be empowering girls to be women who encourage and inspire others with their actions and their words.
Songwriting, Boxing, Photography, Hair Care and More…
New Friends, Laughter & More!
• Lunch and refreshments included in registration fee
Venue: FFCA High School Campus 2116 MacKay Road NW, Calgary AB
Cost: $45 – (Early Bird Fee Till March 27th) Food included, $50 Regular, $60 at the door
Time: Friday April 17th Registration 5:30 – 6:15pm Doors open at 6:30pm till 9:00pm
Saturday April 18th 9:30am till 4:30pm
Contact: (403) 399-4272 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
My daughter attended the YWOP Conference in Calgary. I wish I could put into words the impact her time with you all has had on her. She has really changed in a positive and amazing way. My husband and I have gaped at one another, jaws dropped on more than one occasion since this event. We would like to know when the next event is (as would many of our friends). Christine Pimiskern, owner, 30 Minute Hit Calgary.
Agency Worker Testimonial
“My youth talked about how free and empowered they felt and how they want to make different life changes after spending an afternoon with the YWOP team.” Stu Connor, Program Coordinator, Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary.
“I loved the conference! Now I have a strong belief that I can do anything. I think that a lot of girls everywhere don’t have enough chance to hear that their beautiful in their own way.” Bree – 14 years old
Student – Senior High Teen
“Everything about it was perfect for people in high school. Everything was amazing!! They know what they are doing!!Yeah I’m different alright. I have a huge storyline to make me who I am today! and I loved Saturday. Just hearing the stories from the speakers was soo powerful. And when I got home the first thing I did was wrote on my mirror and my sis and friends thought I was crazy lol.” Hannah – 17yrs
I was honoured to be a part of such an amazing event! I was so encouraged seeing so many hurting girls unleash smiles from ear to ear throughout the day. It touched my heart! Joe De Michele, Volunteer
Saturday April 17th & 18th FFCA High School
1. Fill in Registration Form below & Make Payment using Paypal button below.
2. You will then recieve a confirmation note from YWOP Admin along with a Waiver and Photo release form to be filled out and brought to the event.
YWOP Conference Friday Night & All Day Saturday April 17th & 18th
Cost: $45 (Early Bird till March 29) $50 Regular fee, $40 At the Door
TO MAIL IN REGISTRATIONS
Please Mail in Registrations and payments to YWOP #8 3530 11A St. NE, Calgary AB T2E 6M7
Registrations are on a first come first serve basis. Spots will not be held until payment is received by YWOP admin.