Starting Wednesday Nights
Nov. 7, 14, 21, 28, Dec. 5, 12
YWOP offers an interactive Confidence Building Workshop that empowers girls to make positive life choices by addressing needs specific to teenage girls.
This six session workshop focuses on the six areas that affect a girls growth in confidence: Self-Esteem, Family, Friendships, Dating Relationships, School Culture and Mental Health. This course is currently available to the community.
For Girls Ages 12 to 18
Registration Fee: $220
(Less than $40 Per Session)
Starting NOVEMBER 7, 2018
6:30pm – 8:30pm
14660 Parkland Blvd. SE. Calgary, AB
Space is limited so register today!
From this Workshop Girls Will…
- Discover who they really are beyond labels and reputations
- Like themselves and see their beauty.
- Gain tools that will strengthen the Parent/Teen relationships
- Develop a positive outlook on life
- Learn healthy ways of dealing with stress.
- Make better choices regarding friends
- Learn how to have healthier relationships with females
- Lack the desire to engage in criminal activity or be with those who do.
- Be motivated to attain their goals and dreams.
What Can Your Teen Expect When They Attend
- Youth speaker and YWOP Founder Alison Springer will be delivering the program. The sessions will be entertaining and engaging but highly impactful.
- Group discussions facilitate opportunities for girls to share the lessons they’ve learned, challenges they face, and any questions they have related to the 6 areas.
- Girls will gain memorable and practical tools to help them through life’s challenges.
- An environment where students support each other and new friendships begin to develop.
The Success of the Program
Since January 2011 to August 2012 ninety-one girls have graduated from the program. Graduates were followed up from a month to 6 months with the following results:
- 88% of the girls have made positive choices to stay in school.
- Before the program 71.4% of the girls described their friends as being a negative relationship. After the program only 19% still had negative relationships.
- 81% had strong positive relationships
- 98% of the girls had not re-offended or been in trouble with the law.
This course, I will be honest. I dreaded it before I arrived because it was my first time, and I was a very quiet person. Now I love being open with people, I have become more involved with things like school, family, communication period. I love myself, I feel comfortable around people, I’ve learned to have relationships with people who have meaning, not to just let whoever in.
-Terri-Lynn age 16
My favourite part of class is how open everyone is with each other and how you can actually see the changes in people every time.
-Michelle age 17
Thank you for every session it changed me. At home, treating people with respect. Being kind, not drinking because… I value my future and for sure respect others. I have better self-esteem for myself. I enjoyed coming to every session because the speakers are wonderful and it’s inspirational.
-Ava age 15
I learned that I am worth something and that I need better friends. I liked it here because I loved that I’m not the only one with the problems. I learned better things to do. I wish I could come back.
-Jamie age 15