COVID – 19 Update
Due to COVID – 19, YWOP will continue to run the PivotFWD program but we will now make this workshop available online. This will be an interactive workshop as we use Zoom Video Communications to connect us online. Students enrolled will be able to meet new people, grow in confidence and gain tools to make positive choices. Registration will be open soon.
Interested in Enrolling Your Teen In A Confidence Enhancement Program?
Winter Dates: Mar. 2 – April 6, 2020 (Monday nights) United Youth Outreach 3530 11A Street NE (6:00pm to 8:30pm)
Summer Dates: June 3 – July 8 2020 (Wednesday nights) at YWOP Office 3530 11A Street NE (6pm to 8:30pm)
YWOP offers an interactive Confidence Building Workshop that empowers girls to make positive life choices by addressing needs specific to teenage girls.
This six session workshop focuses on the six areas that affect a girls growth in confidence: Self-Esteem, Family, Friendships, Dating Relationships, School Culture and Mental Health. This course is currently available to the community.
For Girls Ages 12 to 18
Registration Fee: $220
(Less than $40 Per Session)
Space is limited so register today!
From this Workshop Girls Will…
- Discover who they really are beyond labels and reputations
- Like themselves and see their beauty.
- Gain tools that will strengthen the Parent/Teen relationships
- Develop a positive outlook on life
- Learn healthy ways of dealing with stress.
- Make better choices regarding friends
- Learn how to have healthier relationships with females
- Lack the desire to engage in criminal activity or be with those who do.
- Be motivated to attain their goals and dreams.
What Can Your Teen Expect When They Attend
- Youth speaker and YWOP Founder Alison Springer will be delivering the program. The sessions will be entertaining and engaging but highly impactful.
- Group discussions facilitate opportunities for girls to share the lessons they’ve learned, challenges they face, and any questions they have related to the 6 areas.
- Girls will gain memorable and practical tools to help them through life’s challenges.
- An environment where students support each other and new friendships begin to develop.
This course, I will be honest. I dreaded it before I arrived because it was my first time, and I was a very quiet person. Now I love being open with people, I have become more involved with things like school, family, communication period. I love myself, I feel comfortable around people, I’ve learned to have relationships with people who have meaning, not to just let whoever in.
-Terri-Lynn age 16
My favourite part of class is how open everyone is with each other and how you can actually see the changes in people every time.
-Michelle age 17
Thank you for every session it changed me. At home, treating people with respect. Being kind, not drinking because… I value my future and for sure respect others. I have better self-esteem for myself. I enjoyed coming to every session because the speakers are wonderful and it’s inspirational.
-Ava age 15
I learned that I am worth something and that I need better friends. I liked it here because I loved that I’m not the only one with problems. I learned better things to do. I wish I could come back.
-Jamie age 15