Young Women of Power (YWOP) is a non profit grassroots organization that builds the confidence of young women by providing and delivering workshop and conferences geared towards young women ages 12 to 30.
The founder, youth speaker Alison Springer, was alarmed at the high number of girls who struggle with their self-image, who prefer the company of males rather than their own gender, and the increasing number of girls who have been sexually assaulted. This motivated her to host a conference that would build up the inner confidence of teenage girls by addressing the issues of the heart. YWOP provides conferences, workshops, school assemblies, mentorship programs and resources that will help you transform female culture in your community and empower every young woman with the confidence to make her dreams a reality.
There are four core teachings at the center of YWOP called the Four Pillars. They are:
IDENTITY – Providing resources to support young women on their personal journey of defining who they are.
WISDOM – Creating spaces for wisdom to be spoken, shared, heard and received for advancement.
PRINCIPLE – Encouraging young women to cultivate principles to live by.
The first YWOP Conference was held in March 2010 at the Boys and Girls Club in Calgary organized by caring men and women who shared Alison’s vision. Since then YWOP has been continuing to expand its reach having held an Eastern Alberta Conference in Brooks Alberta, and delivering workshops for young women ages 12 to 24, along with a blog to inspire the minds of young women across the country. Young Women of Power is a timely movement as the demand for a service that effectively speaks to the heart of young women is great.
Empowering young women everywhere by educating, inspiring, mentoring, and fostering community through innovative and creative programs.
A future where EVERY YOUNG WOMAN feels empowered and has the confidence to make her dreams a reality.
- YWOP Conferences – Now hosted online
- YWOP PivotFWD Workshops – Six 2 hour sessions addressing the areas that impact the confidence of young women: Self-Esteem & Self-Image, Family, Friendships, Dating Relationships, and Mental Health. Currently operating Thursday nights online. Curriculum/Program is also available for purchase. Visit store.
- YWOP Clubs – A student led mentorship program that meets weekly on Monday nights. Teen girls gain opportunities to grow in confidence and leadership through various roles and projects that empowers them to lead on purpose. Club runs from September to End of May.
- Special Events – YWOP provides events throughout the year such as Women”s International Day and female empowerment workshops and more. Follow us on social media and subscribe to our email list so you can stay informed. firstname.lastname@example.org
- YWOP Speakers – Looking for a speaker? YWOP has incredible female presenters from various walks of life, but who know how to get the message across. Hire a speaker today.
- A Community Network – Unified partners & organizations working together using their strengths & resources to support the personal development of young women.